Mapleton Communications, LLC
General Rules: Contests and Promotions
As part of Mapleton Communications, LLC’s programming strategies, the network and each company-owned radio station may conduct on-air contests and giveaways and other promotional activities where listeners have the ability to win cash and other valuable items.
The following are the general rules governing any contest and promotions initiated and sponsored by Mapleton. Unless modified to fit certain promotional strategies, the following rules shall apply:
1. Officers, employees, and employee-volunteers of Mapleton and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. Further, any former Officer, employee and employee-volunteers of Mapleton Communications or any of its subsidiaries is prohibited from qualifying for and/or winning a prize of any value until 24 consecutive months has passed since the last day of their employment with Mapleton Communications.
2. Members of all forms of media (including but not limited to TV, Radio, Online and newspaper) are ineligible to win any prize.
3. The decision of Mapleton in verifying and confirming qualifiers and or winners will be final. Mapleton shall reserve the right to discontinue on-going promotions and contests as it deems necessary.
4. Online Contest winners, unless otherwise stated, are responsible for and must provide their own transportation either air or ground for the prize awarded. All other rules as outlined within apply. Radio Contest winners must be a resident of Monterey, Santa Cruz or San Benito counties. The only exception is southern Santa Clara County, defined here as within the city limits of Gilroy, Morgan Hill and San Martin. If winner cannot produce verifiable evidence of residency, prize is automatically forfeited and not subject to reallocation.
5. Prizes are non-transferable. Mapleton reserves the right to substitute prizes if the prizes promised may become unavailable during the duration of the promotion. The alternate prize may be of equal or greater value than the original prize. Non-cash prizes are not convertible to cash. Prizes that are time and date sensitive such as concert tickets and trios can not be substituted if the winner is unable to use such prizes.
6. Taxes may be due for certain prizes awarded by Mapleton. It is the responsibility of the winners to pay necessary and applicable taxes due on these prizes. Winners of prizes valued at $600.00 or more shall be asked to complete IRS Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification. Winners who win prizes valued at a total of $600.00 during a calendar year shall be sent Form 1099-MISC. This IRS reporting form shall reflect the suggested total value of the prizes won by a single winner during the calendar year. The suggested total value of the prizes may not be the value subject to income taxes.
7. Winners shall be requested to provide photo identification upon claiming of prizes. Certain winners shall also be required to sign a release and authorize Mapleton and it’s radio network to use winners’ name in future promotions and contests. Winners shall also authorize Mapleton to put on the air their voices and comments as a form of testimonial to be used strictly for promotional purposes only.
8. Prizes that are unclaimed within three months after the announcement shall be forfeited. Checks awarded as cash prize shall be voided and forfeited if not cashed within six months from the date of the check. Cash Prizes can only be awarded if the necessary photo identification is presented.
9. Participants may win only once during a three month period. Winners are ineligible to participate and win a prize until three months from the date of their last win. For major prizes with a value of $600 or more, winner must wait one full calendar year before winning a contest on any of Mapleton’s stations. These limitations also apply to family and/or household members for both winning and qualifications for prizes. Only one qualifier/winner per family or household per contest.
10. Due to the coverage of Mapleton nationwide, contests may be void where prohibited.
11. No purchase is necessary to participate in any contest initiated and/or sponsored by Mapleton Communications, LLC.
12. A copy of these rules may be picked up at 60 Garden Court Suite 300 in Monterey California 93940 during normal business hours or by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the above address.
13. These rules are subject to change or modification at any time by Mapleton Communications. LLC.